Monday, August 8, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies



I made these cookies last night because I needed something quick and sweet. This really did the job! They have just the right texture crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. And who can resist a PB and chocolate desert? Not me...;)

You will need:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar ( I suggest 3/4 a cup if using chocolate chips as well )
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips ( optional )

Makes approx. 12-16 cookies. I doubled the recipe and made 32 cookies.

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 and mix peanut butter, sugar, egg(s)and vanilla together until the mixture is consistent and smooth.
2 Fold in chocolate chips.
3 Form dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 1 inch apart. My kids love helping with this part and they also like making a checkered design on top of the cookie using the tines of a fork.
4 Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and the center of the cookie looks mostly cooked. Let the cookies rest on the hot tray for at least 2 mins before removing to a cookie rack or plate.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment